The Doggie Paddles are one of our most popular fundraisers traditionally held on one day over the summer months each year. Come play with us!
Summer 2016 Dates:
- Sunday, June 19th
- Sunday, July 24th
- Sunday, August 28th
Location: Beach Pavilion, located in Winnebago County Community Park, Oshkosh WI
Cost: $5 per dog per 2-hour session
Two Sessions: 11 am-1 pm; 2 pm-4 pm
Doggie Paddle Rules:
• Owners must provide printed documentation of their dog’s current rabies vaccination (showing expiration date) on the day of the swim or they will not be allowed within the beach area. Tag will not be acceptable as proof.
• Only well-behaved dogs are allowed.
• Owners are responsible for their dogs at ALL times, including cleaning up after their dogs.
• Only one dog per adult person (18+).
• No dogs in heat.
• We reserve the right to dismiss any dog for unruly or aggressive behavior.
• There will be no human swimming at this event.
Winnebago Pet Expo
Winnebago Pet Expo is an exciting show of exhibitors, demonstrations, and entertainment related to all kinds of domesticated animals. If you are looking for pet treats, toys or training videos, it will all be here! Come see the latest and favorite products and learn more about your barking, chirping, splashing, purring friends.
- Date: Saturday, October 1, 2016
- Location: Sunnyview Expo Center, 500 East County Road Y, Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901
- Time: 10 am-5 pm
- Cost: Age 13 and up $5; Age 12 and under $2
Find more details, including how to register a booth for business or becoming a sponsor for the Winnebago Pet Expo website.
Clean Up Days
Dog Park Clean Up Days are usually scheduled in Spring and Fall. These seasonal clean ups involve jobs like removing trees, pruning shrubs or branches, add new benches, mending fencing, painting, or moving lime screenings. Not able to do physical work? We need people who are able to check in the work crew, sign up visitors for our newsletter and chat with them about the dog park at our information table. Lots of hands are needed.
Location: Best Friends Dog Park, Winnebago County Community Park, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
We participate in a variety of community events such as Oshkosh Area Humane Society’s Shelter Trek, Heart of Winter Celebration, Country Living & Natural Health Expo and Neenah Animal Shelter’s Furry Flurry, among others.
Best Friends Dog Park has also been a gathering site for dog breed enthusiasts including Husky Huddle and Malamute Mingle and a Pitty Parties.
Subscribe to our Newsletter to receive updates by email. If you are having an event and would like Friends of Winnebago County Dog Parks, Inc. to participate, please CONTACT US.